Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WWW Wednesday: 24 Oct 2012 (Find out what I’m reading this week)

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading asks you to answer the following three (3) questions…

What are you currently reading?


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I’m at about 47% of this so far, which is kind of confusing since a lot has happened. I really like how it’s written because Anna has a distinct voice and personality in her narration. Also, having the students be studying abroad makes it fun rather than a cliché story of the new girl comes to town and falls in love with someone else’s boyfriend. I like Anna as a character and I like St. Claire (Who wouldn’t love a kid who has American and British roots? Okay, I’m biased on that subject.)

What did you recently finish reading?

  

I just gave up on Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness and The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. For now, at least.

What do you think you’ll read next?

   

I picked up A Diary of the Lady: My First Year as Editor by Rachel Johnson this morning at the library and read up to page 11 or so. I didn't think I'd find it very interesting but since it's about a freelance writer who gets a job as an editor of "an old lady magazine", it's kind of interesting so far. Very British but at least now I understand the importance of M&S chocolate biscuits. Yes, I can relate!

No comments:

Post a Comment