Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WWW Wednesday: 20 Mar 2013 (find out what I’m reading)

It's Wednesday, and I need to update on what books I'm currently reading.
As I mentioned last post (even though it was a long time ago) I have a bunch of books I'm trying to read.
Of course, I keep adding more, so I'll start with the ones I have read the most of first:

The Diary of Anne Frank - 59%
"P.S. Before I forget, last night everything was blanketed in snow. Now it's thawed and there's nothing left."

2,000 to 10,000 - 57%
I stopped at, "I really hate the notion that you have to be some kind of born genius to write good book." Aside from the typo, I disagree. I agree with the rest of the passage though. It's about reaching for your ideas rather than waiting to be inspired.

Nail Your Novel - 31%
I stopped at, "Reincorporation is giving a satisfying payoff, using elements you got the reader interested in early on."

Living Beyond Your Feelings - 22%
Last highlighted quote, "Learn not to ask yourself how you feel about things, but instead ask yourself if doing or not doing something is right for you."

Delirium - 26%
"Someone is singing: a beautiful voice as thick and heavy as warm honey, spilling down a scale so quickly I feel dizzy just listening."

Vain - 25%
"I turned toward him and drank in his lean, muscular figure. Oh. My. Word."
I can't stomach romance novels, so I quit after reading a bunch of repetitive sentences like that.

The Summer I Turned Pretty - 11%
Going to have to start from the beginning again. I left off (over a year ago) with, "Over his shoulder Conrad said, 'Good night, Belly.' And that was it. I was in love."
I loved that.

Reading Like A Writer - 7%
Quote I liked so far, "You will do yourself a disservice if you confine your reading to the rising star whose six-figure, two-book contract might seem to indicate where your own work should be heading." Prose's whole passage is saying that writers deserve such contracts but it's just the icing on the creativity cake.

Hopeless - 5%
"She laughs and grabs my hand, then stands up. 'Come. I've got Rocky Road.' She doesn't have to ask twice." Not badly written, but I'm still not sure about these New Adult romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment